Monday 6 June 2011

Luxury movie tickets for two with snacks and drinks for only £2

Luxury movie tickets for two with snacks and drinks. Don't miss the greatest Movie Deal of all time at the greatest Movie Theatre in the city. The luxurious and iconic Dominion, Edinburgh's favourite cinema!  Value £24, yours for only £2

Two movie tickets for any movie with luxury gold class electrical armchair or sofa style recliner seats. Featuring foot rests and club tables and also a packet of pringles each along with soft drinks. Sit back and relax and enjoy the latest movies.

Highlights
  • This great deal is for two movie tickets.
  • Choose from luxury gold class electrical arm chairs or sofa style recliner seats.
  • This great deal includes a packet of Pringle's each.
  • This great deal includes a soft drink each.
  • There are no restrictions on whichever movie you want to see.

OH.EM.GEE. COMFYSOFASOHYESCOMFYCOMFY!
In non-excited-Jen speak, that translates as "Oh my, the standard 'sofa seats' in this cinema are really quite comfy. In fact, some of the comfiest I've sat in. The added perk of the foot stools was quite a pleasing addition.'

The Dominion Cinema, nestled in the up-market Morningside, is an up-market cinema. I think standard ticket prices are £10. But considering the Odeon now charge £8.80 for a standard cinema ticket, I would more than happily pay the extra £1.20 for comfort you can't put a price on.

My friend and I came here to watch 'Water for Elephants' on the larger screen. It really is quite a huge room, and the screen was really far away from all the seats but this wasn't a problem. We went slap bang in the middle on a two-seater sofa (with footstools) and only at the end of the movie, when we turned around, did we realise there are individual sofa seats, like giant comfy desk chairs, behind on the area above. Oh well, date night it was!

Have I mentioned that the sofas are comfy? Like whoa. These are comfier than my sofas at home (my friend concurred with this statement). The whole set up was perfect. And they weren't purpose built row-upon-row of comfy sofas all in one unit. No. Stand alone leather sofas, with stand alone foot stools and stand alone tables. It felt like every little area was your own private living room.

The room was also at the perfect temperature. I get cold easily, and complain. If I get too warm, I snooze. But like the third bowl of goldilocks porridge the Dominion got it just right.

It's got old-world charm. The peacock stained glass on the outside of the building is really simple but stunning. The facilities are a wee bit dated but not the worse for it. The staff are really, really lovely. I bought our tickets before dinner, and when I came back 3 hours later to go into the screen the guy waved me on before I proferred said tickets saying "I remember from earlier, how was the Indian?" I love that personal, familiar touch.

I very rarely go the cinema unless it's a film I'm desperate to see, as I do think it's getting pricier and pricier these days but I actively enjoyed my experience here and am now looking out the next film I want to see, and it'll definitely be at the Dominion.
Jenny L.

The Dominion is a fantastic local cinema. A fresh brake from endless Odeons.
Not far from the city centre, in the Morningside area, its not far to come and have a much more interesting evening than you might have at a chain cinema. The prices are a little dearer but not by much.

The building itself is worth seeing. It has a fantastic art-deco facade and an attractive interior. There are two large screens and two small screens. The biggest is huge but the smallest is, unfortunately, a little too small.

You'll always hear people rave on about how great the seats are. It's true! There are really comfortable reclining chairs and sofas to match. So many cinemas hurt your back (and more). The Dominion Cinema will keep you comfy all the way through your film, and if its too boring you can always have a snooze.

A great independent cinema with a nostalgic aesthetic. Recomended!
Jonny L.
Dominion Cinema
18 Newbattle Terrace
Edinburgh
EH10 4RT
The Fine Print

  • You can walk in to the cinema with your voucher for any movie of your choice. Take your Great Deal voucher with you when you go to the cinema.
  • The dominion does not take bookings so to avoid disappointment contact 0131 447 4771 to check how busy the cinema is on the night you plan to go.
  • You can only buy one deal.
  • Excludes Saturdays.
  • This Great Deal is valid between Monday the 6th of June 2011 and Thursday 14th of July 2011.


Join us on our Facebook Page to keep up to date with the daily and weekly offers - CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment